As you probably know, UU has announced the Block Party 2018 lineup featuring rap star, Gucci Mane. Writer Tiffany Huang gives us the breakdown of who's coming to rock the dome.
- He was born in Atlanta, Georgia as Radric Delantic Davis on February 12th, 1980.
- His collaborative song with Rae Sremmurd, “Black Beatles”, was #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart in 2016 and was popularized alongside the Mannequin Challenge.
- He loves a good pair of Jordans! Check out his appearance on Complex’s “Sneaker Shopping” web series:
- He’s a published author. His book/autobiography, The Autobiography of Gucci Mane, became a New York Times bestseller.
- And of course, don’t forget about his appearance as Big Arch/Archie in the 2013 film Spring Breakers.
- Her stage name stands for “sovereign/savior,” “zig-zag,” “Allah.”
- Her and Zoë Kravitz are BFF goals!
- She’s the only female artist signed with Top Dawg Entertainment and and works with labelmate Kendrick Lamar.
- She was nominated for five Grammys this year: Best R&B Performance, Best R&B Song, Best Rap/Sung Performance, Best New Artist, and Best Urban Contemporary Album.
- During high school, she was considered one of the most talented gymnasts in the nation.
- Medasin, born Grant Nelson, began creating music at the young age of 12 after his brother inspired him.
- He’s a fan of Rick and Morty and The Eric Andre Show.
- He’s got quite the sense of humor:
- His remixes include songs like “Feel It Still” by Portugal. The Man and “will he” by Joji. He also recently released an EP titled IRENE filled with 16 original mixes:
- Before a show, he likes to down a can of cold beer to get rid of the nerves.
By Tiffany Huang